Like most pests, fleas are not easy to find and deal with due to their size. These pests have a different behavioural pattern than most pests. Our Brisbane’s flea control team has dealt with these pests at both residential and commercial properties. Fleas are not known for biting humans but they do bite cats and dogs. This will cause a lot of discomfort for your pets. While Fleas do not bite humans, they can cause skin irritation that may lead to infections. Fleas are also able to hide in the fur of animals. This makes it difficult for you to identify their presence.
At One Hour Pest Control Brisbane, flea control services by us are designed to protect you and your pets from fleas. If you have pets, a flea infestation is always a possibility. Your pets begin scratching themselves a lot more than before. Our experts always recommend quick response and treatment if you see any signs of flea infestation. These pests will affect the peace and comfort of your pets.
Our Brisbane’s flea control team has an expert understanding of flea control and prevention. This helps us understand and explain the different fleas that infest your home. Our experts believe the more you know about such fleas, the easier it will be for you to protect your pets from them. These are the fleas that you are likely to find in your home:
Dog fleas live in the fur of dogs and thrive on the diet of dog blood. These fleas are also known to bite humans. They are brown in colour but develop a black shade after a meal. Dog fleas are about 1mm to 4mm in size. We recommend professional help immediately if you see even one of these fleas.
Cat fleas have long but thin legs. This helps them jump. These fleas live inside cat fur and feed on their blood. Cat fleas can irritate your cats and make them unhappy. Our Brisbane’s flea control experts are trained to protect your cats from these pests. We can remove these pests from your property before they cause any more damage or discomfort.
At One Hour Pest Control Brisbane, our services always come with the guarantee of satisfactory results and reliability. We ensure this by using advanced methods for flea control. Flea infestations are pretty common when it comes to pets. This is why it’s important that you get your pets checked regularly for any signs of fleas. Here are some of the well-known dangers of fleas:
1. Fleas do not usually bite humans but when they do, the bite is known to cause breathing problems, skin infections, swollen mouth, face, lips or hands.
2. Fleas can cause diseases like tapeworms in your pets.
3. Fleas also cause Flea Allergic Dermatitis in pets. This condition causes a lot of discomfort and hair loss for your pets.
4. Anaemia in cats is caused by fleas as well. If it’s not treated in time, it can endanger the life of your pet.
5. Fleas can infest rats and become the carriers of various deadly diseases that rats carry and spread.
6. Fleas can transmit murine typhus to humans. The symptoms of this disease are fever and chills, cough, body aches, loss of appetite, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain.
Fleas can infest your pets as soon as your dog or cat comes near them. These pests are in many places like gardens, roads, playgrounds, or in your backyard. Fleas are attracted to healthy pets. You can find them if you look for eggs or larvae in places where your pets leave any marks. Flea droppings are either red or black. This can also help you know about their presence.
While it’s not that difficult to identify a flea infestation, removing the infestation is not easy. At One Hour Pest Control Brisbane, flea control services by us are designed to free your pets and property from all fleas. We always use safe and pet-friendly flea control solutions. Our experts always recommend frequent check-up of your pets for any signs of fleas. This is essential to keep them safe from fleas.
We can also make you familiar with various DIY flea prevention methods. These methods are safe and effective as well. Prevention of fleas is the best way to protect your pets from their dangers. Feel free to give us a call any time and our experts will help you out.
1. At One Hour Pest Control Brisbane, we always recommend thorough and regular cleaning of your home for flea prevention.
2. Clean your pet’s fur every other day and take them to vets regularly.
3. Make sure you dispose of the vacuum packet safely and outside your property. Or you could just burn the packet to prevent any chance of flea infestation.
4. Our Brisbane’s flea control experts recommend that you put the mixture of apple cider vinegar and water on the fur of your pets. This will force the fleas to leave the fur of your pets.
5. You can also use diatomaceous earth to terminate fleas. It’s one of the effective methods of flea control and prevention.
6. If you see any signs of flea infestation, get professional help immediately. This will ensure quick, reliable, and thorough removal of fleas from your property.
1. What’s the best way to prevent fleas in my home?
At One Hour Pest Control Brisbane, we recommend a regular and thorough cleaning of your home. It’s the best way to prevent fleas or any pest infestation for that matter.
2. Do fleas spread disease?
Fleas cause skin irritation, tapeworms, anaemia, and other health issues in your pets. These pests can also cause murine typhus in humans.
3. What attracts fleas towards my pets?
Fleas like the warm bodies and fur of your pets. They can easily hide there and feed on the blood of your pets.
4. How do I prevent fleas on my dog?
Make sure you clean the fur of your dog every week, bathe the body, and groom the hair of your dog. Also, regularly take your dog to the vet for a check-up. This will surely prevent fleas on your dog.
5. Is it safe for me to deal with fleas by myself?
If you have the right expertise for it, then it is safe. If not, we recommend professional help for safe and effective flea removal. Our Brisbane’s flea control experts are trained to remove all fleas from your property.